In SuiteFiles you can create a folder template. A folder template is a folder structure that can be applied to new folders when they are created. This ensures that a consistent subfolder structure is applied to new folders your create.
- The video
- Creating a folder template
- Creating a new folder using a folder template
- Things to note about folder templates
In this article:
Creating a Folder Template
To create a new folder template:
- Create the folder structure that you wish to replicate somewhere in SuiteFiles,
- Click the Edit link and then the Template button,
- Enter a name for the template, provide a description (optional) and then click Create ad close
Your folder template is now created.
Creating a New Folder Using a Folder Template
To create a new folder and apply the folder structure from a folder template you do the following:
- Navigate to the location where you wish to create the new folder,
- Click the Create folder icon,
- Give the new folder a name and choose the folder template desired from the drop down list,
- Click the Create and close link
This creates a new folder for you and applies the folder template to it.
Things to note about folder templates
- You can have any number of subfolders in a folder template and these can also have subfolders in them.
- If you want to have standard files in a folder template you can, just ensure they are in the folder structure that you copy when creating the template.
- Folder templates cannot be edited. To make a change to a folder template create a new folder using the template, edit the subfolder structure and create a new template from this.
- In the template gallery you can delete unwanted folder templates.