Resetting the Search Cache
In SuiteFiles we use a search cache in the browser to quickly return information, predominantly about client folders. This is used in the client quick search feature
Plus it also is used to pre-populate the folder lists that occur in the scanned Uploads interface
The cache should update by itself regularly but occasionally it may get corrupted and need rebuilding. If it isn't quite up to date you'll see:
- The client your searching for won't appear in the quick search results, and
- The drop down lists of folder will have blank spaces and look like folders are missing.
To reset the search cache you need to do the following:
- Open your personal settings,
- Click the Reset search button,
- SuiteFiles will then need some time to update the cache in your browser, it can take 10-15 minutes for larger sites,
- Once done close Chrome and reopen it and SuiteFiles, give it a minute or two to complete updating - everything should work as expected at this point.