Administrators in SuiteFiles have certain rights that standard users do not. These are:
- The ability to create security groups and add users to them,
- Apply security groups to folder so permissions to view them are restricted,
- Delete folders and files,
- Create folders under at the top level of SuiteFiles immediately under the Home folder,
- Create and edit document templates
- Access all folders in SuiteFiles no matter the security permissions that are applied to them.
- Access to the template gallery
Setting a user as an administrator
To make a user an administrator and existing administrator needs to:
- Click on the Groups icon in the primary navigation,
- Select the Owners group (in some cases it may be called Team Site Owners),
- Type the name of the new administrator to add into the text box and select their name, and
- Close the form.
The user is now an administrator.