Resetting the search cache
If you are experiencing any issues with search like files or folders not being displayed in search then you may need to update your search cache for SuiteFiles web.
This can be done by selecting the Search tab in your User Settings and clicking the "reset search" button.
If the "Time for a coffee" window gets a full progress bar and doesn't close on it's own then you can simply close this yourself by clicking the close button.
NOTE: If the 'Time for a coffee' window doesn't close on its own then you can close this yourself as long as the bar has fully loaded. The window doesn't always close on its own when it's finished.
In SuiteFiles we use a search cache in the browser to quickly return information, predominantly about client folders. This is used in the client quick search feature
Plus it also is used to pre-populate the folder lists that occur in the scanned Uploads interface
The cache should update by itself regularly but occasionally it may get corrupted and need rebuilding. If it isn't quite up to date you'll see:
- The client your searching for won't appear in the quick search results, and
- The drop down lists of folder will have blank spaces and look like folders are missing.
To reset the search cache you need to do the following:
- Open your personal settings,
- Click the Reset search button,
- SuiteFiles will then need some time to update the cache in your browser, it can take 10-15 minutes for larger sites,
- If the window as shown below doesn't close on its own within a minute or so at being at the end, then you can just press the x to close it yourself
- Once done close Chrome and reopen it and SuiteFiles, give it a minute or two to complete updating - everything should work as expected at this point.