Using the Chrome Extension for Folder Prompts and Client Links
Our Chrome extension will provide much more integration between the Xero Practice Manager (XPM) and SuiteFiles as well as making the online version of Office more reliable for you. You will need to be on either the Full Suite or Pro subscription to access to it.
If you don't have the Chrome extension installed already you can do this with the help of these instructions - how to install the Chrome extension. (Please ensure you login to the Chrome extension).
The functionality the Chrome extension provides:
- Client Folder Creation
- Client Folder Links to SuiteFiles
- Prompts for renaming or archiving a client in XPM to also apply to the client folder in SuiteFiles
- Clients with Groups folder creation and renaming
- Job and Quote Folder Creation
- Job and Quote Folder Links to SuiteFiles
- Prompts for renaming a Job or Quote to also apply to the Job / Quote folder in SuiteFiles
- A button to export a report from XPM into SuiteFiles.
Client Folder Creation:
- When you create a new client in XPM a prompt will pop-up asking if you'd like to create a new folder for this client in SuiteFiles,
- you can click the create button to create a new empty client folder,
- or you can use the drop-down list to select a folder template to create the new client folder with a folder structure in your SuiteFiles site:
Client Folder Links:
Provided the client name in XPM matches to the name of a folder directly under the top-level "Clients" folder in your SuiteFiles site, a link to that client folder will display when in the client interface in XPM. Clicking this link will open a new tab to this client folder in SuiteFiles.
- The way the link works is by matching the name of the client in XPM to the name of a client folder directly under the Clients folder in SuiteFiles.
- E.g. As in the above screenshot client "Selifs Accounting" from XPM matches to a client folder in SuiteFiles also named "Selifs Accounting" that is located directly under the "Clients" folder in SuiteFiles.
- For the linking to work there are some special character substitutions which are made for the folder name in SuiteFiles.
- & and + in XPM link to the word "and" in SuiteFiles,
- Each of ! @ % * ' " . in XPM are substituted for and link to an underscore in SuiteFiles
E.g. A client in XPM with the name Jack & Jill or Jack + Jill would both only link to a client folder in SuiteFiles with the name Jack and Jill
E.g. A client in XPM with the name O'Brien Industries Ltd. would only link to a client folder in SuiteFiles with the name O_Brien Industries Ltd_
If you're using the chrome extension prompts to have client folders created or updated, these special characters substitutions will happen automatically and you won't need to worry about renaming the folder yourself.
When you change the name of a client in XPM, a prompt will pop-up to ask if you'd like to have that client's folder in SuiteFiles also renamed to stay linked to the client in XPM.
Clients with Groups Creation and Renaming:
Before the functions for clients with groups to work, the setting for this must be manually turned on,
This can be done by:
- Right-Clicking the SuiteFiles chrome extension icon at the top right of the browser and selecting "Options",
- Clicking the toggle button for "Client Grouping Prompts XPM" so that it's blue as in the screenshot below:
- Once this setting is enabled, if you add a client to a group in XPM a prompt will pop-up asking if you'd like to have that clients folder in SuiteFiles moved into the group folder in SuiteFiles. The new folder structure in SuiteFiles would become Clients/Group folder/Client folder.
- If the Group or client folder doesn't exist already in SuiteFiles, it will automatically be created.
Job and Quote Folder Creation:
- When you create a new Job or Quote in XPM, a prompt will pop-up asking if you'd like to create a new subfolder for this Job or Quote underneath the clients folder in SuiteFiles.
- If there's no "Jobs" or "Quotes" subfolder under the client in SuiteFiles it will automatically create one then create another subfolder underneath this with the name of the specific Job or Quote.
- E.g Creating a new Job in XPM called Job 10033 - Suite Job for the 99 Corporation client would create a new folder with this structure - "Clients/99 Corporation/Jobs/Job 10033 - Suite Job".
Job and Quote Links:
Providing the client name in XPM matches to the name of a folder directly under the top-level "Clients" folder in your SuiteFiles site, and there's a subfolder for this Job or Quote with a structure of "Clients/CLIENTNAME/Jobs/JOBNAME" or "Clients/CLIENTNAME/Quotes/QUOTENAME", a link will display in the Job or Quote interface in XPM which when clicked will open a new tab to this Job or Quote folder in SuiteFiles.
Job and Quote Renaming:
When you change the name of a Client's Job or Quote in XPM, a prompt will pop-up to ask if you'd like to have that Job or Quotes folder in SuiteFiles also renamed to stay linked to the Job or Quote in XPM.
Exporting a report from XPM into SuiteFiles:
- When printing a report in XPM, there will be a button named "Export PDF to SuiteFiles",
- Clicking this will open a window where you can navigate through and choose the folder you wish to save the report to in SuiteFiles.
- Once you've opened the folder you wish to save to, click the "SELECT FOLDER" button to save the file.