Read on for a list of recent updates to our SuiteFiles apps.
- You can now drag and drop upload to the Documents tab in XPM
- We've made some bug fixes to increase stability for Jobs and Quotes integration with XPM
- Fixed a bug affecting the Export PDF to SuiteFiles process in Xero Reports
If you're using two factor auth or a single sign on solution, you can now log into the Management Portal (https://manage.thefullsuite.com) using the Advanced Login option to view and print invoices, remove users and change your subscription type.
SuiteFiles Drive 2.0
We've updated the SuiteFiles Drive with a number of new features and fixes. The new app is available from the downloads centre in the Web App. For full download steps, please follow the instructions here: Installing SuiteFiles Drive 2.0
New features and fixes:
- A new login experience supporting 2FA
- The ability to change the drive letter and port
- Automated port checking - if the chosen port is taken, SuiteFiles Drive will check for a free port to map to, enabling a smoother installation
- We've also added automated drive letter checks so if S is already being used it'll try another letter
- If you have delete permissions, the deletion of folders and files now works correctly
- The correct date stamp is now displayed (no longer showing +12 hours)
- Overriding PDF downloads will no longer show the cached version if loaded from Drive
- We've removed the ability the Share or Create with template from the File Explorer. To Share or Create a new file, you'll need to use the Web App
- We've removed the SuiteFiles icon in the navigation pane in the File Explorer. You can access the SuiteFiles Drive under This PC in File Explorer:
- You'll find a new interface when accessing the Documents tab in Xero Practice Manager (XPM), with the links now mapping directly to your files in SuiteFiles, the ability to create folders (with templates) and upload a document.
- You can now create new folders (with templates) when downloading reports or when using SuitePrint
- The "Client already exists" message when creating a new client in XPM no longer appears when the field is empty
- Bug fix for downloading reports from XPM and exporting Workpapers
You can switch back to the default XPM Documents interface by toggling the Documents Tab Replacement button following the steps here.
Did you know that installing our Chrome extension also improves your experience when using the Office Web Apps? We've made a few changes to make editing in the browser a better experience.
- We've updated the user interface for a more streamlined experience
- Improved layout on the Print to SuiteFiles and Save to SuiteFiles screens
- Bug fix for archiving and renaming clients within groups
If you're using Outlook for Mac or accessing the Outlook Web App from your browser, we've released the following updates to our SuiteFiles Outlook app:
- Changes to the navigation, making it simpler to get around and more intuitive to use
- Updates to the user interface, improving the look and feel
- The ability to access our Help Centre and contact the support team directly from the app
- You can now share files directly from the SuiteFiles Android app
- The Share File pop up now uses radio buttons, and other minor stylistic changes to the overall popup
- We've also fixed a bug that caused the app to crash when certain files were opened from the home directory.
To install the Android app, search for SuiteFiles in the Google Play store, or see the steps outlined here.
SuiteFiles web app, Outlook add-in and SuiteDrive
You'll notice we've made some changes to the login screens throughout these SuiteFiles apps to ensure they're consistent no matter how you're accessing your files.
SuiteFiles web app
- We've fixed an issue affecting the ability to add or remove files or folders to Favourites.
- Check box merge fields used in file templates will no longer return as false, and will now reflect the correct value from XPM.
- Business values will now display on the Edit Field Values screen when a client has not be selected.
Outlook add-in (Windows)
- New! We've added an option in Outlook's Home ribbon labelled "Toggle Sidebar" which will allow you to choose whether the SuiteFiles for Outlook add-in is displayed or not.
- New! You can now right-click .xlsm files and select the Edit in Office option.
- New! You can now save emails with asterisks (*) in the subject line. The add-in will now automatically strip out this restricted character to allow the email to save in SuiteFiles.
- We've fixed an issue that saw black bars appear in the add-in when resizing it.
SuiteFiles web app
- There's a new Enter field values button available when creating a file from a template. This is an optional step in the File template creation process, which allows you to manually update the merge field data on your template, before you create it. More Information
- You can now drag and drop a file from your Desktop into the Manage Templates section. There's also a button for uploading a template from your local computer.
- We've fixed an issue where renaming a folder wasn't always updating the folder name in the web app.
- Mapping links have been added for Jobs and Quotes in XPM. You'll find these on the Information tab.
- We've made some improvements to handling special characters.
Outlook add-in (Windows)
- There's a new login option for users with multi-factor authentication (MFA) or a single sign-on solution (SSO).
- We've made some changes to how our add-on loads into Outlook to help prevent Outlook from disabling it.
- Favourites/Starred items will now automatically load in the Outlook add-on when added from the Web app.
- A new function to display a link to the client folder from XPM.
- Added the ability to use Groups in the links between XPM Clients and their folders in SuiteFiles as a beta feature.
- Added a "Create Client in SuiteFiles" button into XPM. this allows clients within XPM to have a folder created and linked in SuiteFiles. When creating a client folder through this feature you will be warned of any similarly named clients to help avoid creating a duplicate.
- Support for multi-factor authentication has been added. Now in the login screen, clicking on the advanced login link will take you to a page where you can go through the standard Microsoft login process and use multi-factor authentication.