Scanning files to SuiteFiles
You can create unique email addresses for any folder within your SuiteFiles site to scan or email documents to.
To generate a unique email address for a folder:
- While within the folder you want to generate an email address for,
- Click the three dots on the right-hand side of the folder path and click the "Create email address" button:
- After a few seconds this button should change to now display an email address under "Manage Folder Email"
- With this email address you can now:
- Enter this email address into your scanner and your scanner will send the files to this folder, they will automatically upload into their folder and you'll also be able to manage these scanned documents through the Scans tab in your SuiteFiles site.
- You can also simply send attached files to this email address and these files will automatically upload into this folder and also show up in your Scans tab.
Filing documents in the Scans tab:
- You can rename and move files at the same time by filing them in the Scans tab,
- When files are uploaded by sending them to a folders email address the files will also show up under the Scans tab which functions like a queue of documents which need to be filed.
- The advantage of this section is you can view all documents uploaded in this one section, especially useful if you've scanned documents to multiple different folders.
To File a document:
- You can provide the file with a new name by entering it's new file name in the text field:
- You can choose a new location for the file to be stored in by clicking on any of the folders in the folder path e.g. In the above screenshot, I can click on Home to then be able to choose a different folder other than Scans to file to.
- Clicking the "File it" button will rename the file and move it to the folder path you've selected. If you leave the folder path as it is but provide a new file name, it will only rename the file and vice versa.
- Clicking "File it" will also remove the file from being in your Scans queue so you won't see it in the Scans section anymore. This is important, if you let too many items accumulate in this queue it will eventually be too large to load properly.