In the SuiteFiles Application, you can share files with internal users. Read this article to figure out how.
Please note: This view is currently available to all Super Suite customers. Keep your eyes peeled for a new Tasks update that we will be rolling out to all customers in late July 2022.
How to share a file with an internal user
- Navigate to the file you would like to share
- Click the three dots to the right of the file name
- From the drop-down menu select Share
- Start typing the name of the user you would like to share within the text box provided
- A list of users that match your text will appear in the drop-down list
- Select the user from the drop-down list
- The user has been selected correctly when you can see that their username has a white box appear around it as shown in the screenshot below
- You can add multiple users by following the same steps above
- On the right of the screen, you can enter a message for the shared document. You can decide the reason for sharing by selecting either the FYI, Review & Edit or Approval button. You can also add a due date for the documents task to be completed.
- When you've completed adding the users you'd like to share the file with, click SHARE to share the file.
- The recipient(s) will receive a notification in their SuiteFiles site, and an email notification that the task has been shared with them. Both of these notifications will include a link to the file in SuiteFiles.
- The file will also appear in the recipients Tasks tab under My Tasks in SuiteFiles. The sender can see the document and its progress through the Sent Tasks tab.
- By clicking on the task you can interact with the shared file and have conversations with those involved.
- Once the recipient marks the task as Done, the sender will receive an email to that effect, and a notification that the task is done will show up in the conversation of the shared document.