Use Quick Sign if you and others need to sign a document, and the contact details of the signers are in Xero Practice Manager or WorkflowMax.
- You will need to be on the Pro or Super Suite subscription to access Document Signing.
- Contacts must be added to Xero Practice Manager and your SuiteFiles needs to be connected to Xero Practice Manager in order to pull through the email addresses of your signers. If you'd like to sign the file yourself, use Sign and save or if you don't have the contact details of the signers stored in XPM, use Advanced Sign and enter their contact details manually.
- To use SMS verification, which sends a text message with a unique code to your signers for them to enter during the signing process, their mobile phone number must be entered into their contact record in Xero Practice Manager or WorkflowMax. The format must include the country code in the following formats e.g. +61 4 xxxx xxxx or +64 21 xxx xxxx (with our without spaces in between the numbers).
- If you do not have the signers' contact details or mobile phone number stored in XPM or WFM, please select the Advanced Sign option from the Document Signing drop-down instead, as you'll be able to enter these details in manually.
- From your PDF file, click Document Signing
- Select Quick Sign
- Choose a contact by typing in their name into the Choose contacts field and selecting them from the drop-down list
- Click Select recipients
- A blue tick will display to the left of a contact if their Mobile Phone Number is stored in Xero Practice Manager, which will allow you to use SMS verification outlined in step 14 below.
- On the next screen, select a signer from the drop down provided on the left. This will default to "Me" which will allow you to place your own Signature, Initials, Text field, Tick or Note into the document.
NB: The Note will be visible to all signers but will not be included in the final signed document
- To position a field on the document, select a field name e.g. My Signature, then click a location on the document. You can move a field by dragging and dropping to a new location on the document.
- Select a signer from the drop down provided on the left. You can request the signer's Signature, Initials, Full Name, Date Signed, and Text.
- To position a field on the document, select a field name e.g. Signature, then click a location on the document. You can move a field by dragging and dropping to a new location on the document
- The signer's email address will be displayed on each zone and each signer's fields will be a different colour, so you can easily identify and moved into the correct position on the document
- Once all fields have been placed, click Save & Send in the top right corner of the screen
- On the Add a Message screen, you can customise the message that will be sent to your signers:
- The default Expiration date of documents is currently set to 7 days. NB: This will be customisable in a future release.
- If you're using SMS verification, which sends a text message with a unique code to your signers for them to enter during the signing process, toggle this option to Yes.
- Click Save. Your signature request will be submitted and an email sent to all signers.