If you receive the error The parent folder used for Document Management cannot be accessed in either Xero Practice Manager or WorkflowMax, an XPM/WFM admin account who is also a SuiteFiles Administrator will need to do the following:
First, in XPM or WFM, authorise yourself to have permission to connect 3rd party systems.
- Go to Business > Settings
- Click Staff
- Click your name
- Select the Permissions tab and select Practice administration
- Toggle on the Connect third-party add-ons, and click Save
- Go back to Business > Settings
- Under the Connections section, select Document Management
- Under 'SuiteFiles', select Disable to remove your existing connection
- Then click Enable to reconnect your integration with SuiteFiles
- You will be redirected to integrations.suitefiles.com
- Click Connect for either WorkFlow Max or Practice Manager depending on which platform you use
- Follow the on-screen prompts to sign into your XPM or WFM account, and allow the connection by selecting Allow access
- You’ll be redirected to the Document Management screen in XPM where the SuiteFiles option will now show Disable. This means you've successfully reconnected your integration.
- Everyone in your team must now refresh their SuiteFiles site by refreshing their browser, or by pressing CTRL + F5 on their keyboard.
- This will update all Clients and Contacts lists in SuiteFiles and allow you to populate file and email templates and you should no longer see any connection error messages in XPM/WFM.