Multi Sign allows you and others to sign a document. You can also pull contacts directly from XPM and include CC recipients
Please note: Quick Sign and Advanced Sign have merged into Multi Sign.
This guide includes:
- From your PDF file, click Document Signing
- Select Multi Sign
- Choose a contact by typing in their Full name and Email address into the fields provided. If you are integrated with XPM, you can pre-populate your client details. Please note:
- Do not add your email address as a signee - you will be able to add your signature to the document when placing fields onto the document.
- To enable two-factor authentication, you can toggle Yes (Learn more)
- To add additional signers, click Add Signer
- To add a cc Recipient, enter their email address into the field provided. This cc Recipient will not need to sign the document but will receive a copy of the signed file once all signatures have been added to it.
- To add additional cc Recipients, click Add cc Recipient
- Once you have added all recipients, click Next to place your fields
- On the next screen, select a signer from the drop-down provided on the left. This will default to "Me" which will allow you to place and resize your own Signature, Initials, Text field, checkbox or Note into the document.
- Select a signer from the drop-down provided on the left. You can request the signer's Signature, Initials, Full Name, Date Signed, and Text (view our full field breakdown here).
- To place a field on the document, select a field name and click a location on the document.
Note: The signer's name will be displayed on each zone and under each signer's field, so you can easily identify, move and resize fields into the correct position on the document.
- Once all fields have been placed, click Save & Send in the top right corner of the screen.
Sending your document:
- On the Add a Message screen, the default message asks your signers to review, sign and return the document but you can customise this message when sending your document:
- The default Expiration date of documents is currently set to 30 days but can be customised to any date between 1 - 365 days.
- You can choose whether the final signed document is sent as a link, or as a PDF attachment. By default, this option is set to Yes which means the final Completed email will contain a link to the file only and not an attached PDF. Toggle the option to No to receive the link and an attached PDF.
- Click Save. Your signature request will be submitted and an email sent to all signers.
To learn how documents are signed, refer to: How do I sign a document?
We've provided a list below of what fields can be selected for sending:
- Signature: this will place a signature for yourself or the signee. Please note, by default this will be a system-generated signature but it can be customised.
- Initials: initials will be based on the name entered when adding the user. Please note this cannot be customised when a signee completes this field.
- Full name: full name will be based on the name entered when adding the user.
- Date signed: this will default to the date the document was signed (DD/MMM/YYYY). You cannot change the format of this date.
- Text: this field allows you or the signee to add text (unlimited characters).
- Checkbox: a checkbox that must be selected.
- Note: notes are only visible to signees when signing the document but will not be included in the final signed copy.