It's important that your computer and browser are set up correctly for the best and smoothest performance. This article outlines our recommendations for Mac users.
This guide will go through:
You will first need to check that you have the following system requirements:
- The latest version of macOS
- The latest version of Safari
- Office 2016 or Office 365 (32-bit)
Logging into SuiteFiles
Simply log in to your SuiteFiles site URL using your Office 365 username and Office 365 password. If you're not sure what your SuiteFiles site URL is, please check with your Administrator.
Once you've met the technical requirements and have logged into SuiteFiles successfully, we recommend that you also:
- Set up your File preferences in your User Profile Settings to ensure you're working with your files just the way you want to, right from day one.
- Add your SuiteFiles site as a trusted site to avoid any pesky errors popping up while you're learning the ropes.
- Bookmark your SuiteFiles site URL to keep it nice and handy. Better yet, set it as a default tab on start up in your Chrome browser - here's how.
- Bookmark our Help Centre - https://help.suitefiles.com
- Check the list of Office 365 Restricted Characters you can't use in file or folder names.
Setting up the SuiteFiles Outlook Add-in for Mac
If you're using Outlook for Mac from your browser, you can use the SuiteFiles Outlook app to save emails and attachments to SuiteFiles, attach files from SuiteFiles when creating new emails and more.
Please note there are some differences - for example, the Mac Version of the SuiteFiles add-in will not prompt you to save an email once you send it. You will have to manually do this yourself. To get this set up or learn more, please refer to the articles below:
Getting set up on my Mac Device FAQ's:
Do Mac users get the same functionality as Windows users?Almost! The only difference is that you won't have access to the desktop version of SuiteFiles (SuiteDrive) and access to the SuiteFiles desktop Outlook add-in.
But rest assured, you will still be able to access your data from the Web App.
Is SuiteDrive available for Macbooks?
We would love to create a SuiteFiles Drive app which would work on Macbooks. Currently there are technical challenges that haven't made this possible however we will continue to look into having one in the future.
Can I use the Safari browser on my Mac?We do not recommend using alternative browsers as the Web App was designed for the Chrome Browser.
Questions or feedback? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know!