Read on for a list of recent updates to our SuiteFiles apps.
The SuiteFiles x Karbon integration is here!
The Karbon and SuiteFiles integration will bring your Karbon contact and organization data into SuiteFiles.
Karbon Integration Overview
With SuiteFiles and Karbon integrated, you can:
- Populate your client documents and emails in SuiteFiles with organization data from Karbon.
- Look up Karbon contacts in SuiteFiles and invite them to the SuiteFiles Connect portal
- Look up Karbon contacts in SuiteFiles to request their signature
- See if a SuiteFiles Client folder has found its Karbon match. A Karbon icon will appear in the Integrations column in the Clients folder
How do I get started?
For step by step instructions on connecting and using the Karbon integration see: Setting up the Karbon integration. We've also got a list of Karbon merge fields that can be used in file and email templates.
If you have any questions on the integration that aren't covered in the above, please reach out to us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Introducing Sequential Signing
You can now set the signing order for document signing requests!
- Once you’ve added a second signee on Step 1: Add signees, you can toggle Set Signing Order on
- Use the icon to move the signee up or down to change the signing order
- You can also change the number in the coloured circle to reset the order. For example, typing 1 next to Mitzy’s name in the below example switches her from position 2 to position 1, and reorders the other signee to position 2
- Continue with the signing process and send the document
- When viewing a file that has used sequential signing in the Document Signing Dashboard (under More > Document signing) hover over the In Progress status bar to see per signee if the document has been sent, is awaiting a preceding signee or has been signed
- At the recipients’ end, the first signee will receive an email requesting their signature. Once they have signed the document, and second signee will receive their email and so on
- All subsequent signers will see the previous signees’ signatures when viewing the document
- New! If you're the only one signing a document, you'll no longer see Step 3: Message during the signing process. Simply press Finish on Step 2: Prepare Document to complete the self-signing process.
- We've also rolled out a fix for an issue with task completed emails failing to send out.
Introducing Signing Message Templates
We’re excited to announce that message templates for document signing requests are now live in SuiteFiles!
As you step through the signing process, you’ll see that on Step 3: Message, you can now save and select message templates.
- To create your first template, overtype the existing Subject and Message text. Click Save as template. Please note that templates are visible for all staff.
- To view all saved template and use one in your signing request, click Select saved template. The saved templates will expand out underneath.
- From there, click Use Template to populate the template to your message fields. To read the template first, click the > icon to the right to expand it.
To read the full update head to: Saving and using message templates for signing requests.
We've introduced optional Text and Checkbox fields for document signing.
- By default, these fields will be set to Required.
- Toggle Required off to make the field optional (grey indicates the field has been toggled off, blue is on).
- You can place a mixture of required and optional Text and Checkbox fields, by toggling the Required button on or off before placing the field on the document.
- Once placed, the field will specify whether it is required.
Our latest files and folders updates includes an improved details sidebar.
- If you have opened the details sidebar (done by clicking the info icon to the right of your files view), when selecting a file or folder you’ll notice the styling has been updated for simpler at-a-glance readability, with an optional expandable section for additional details.
- You can now easily see if a file or folder has been added to your Favourites from this sidebar.
- You can quickly copy to the clipboard a permanent link to the file or folder using the newly added ‘copy link’ button under ‘more details’.
- You can easily open a larger version of the thumbnail by clicking on the file preview in the sidebar.
Our latest signing updates include a new look and feel plus the following key changes:
- You'll notice that the Document signing drop-down option has been replaced by a button on the far right of your PDFs. This button is now used for the previous Sign & Save and Multi-sign options.
- We've broken down the signing stages into three steps: 1: Add signees, 2: Prepare Document and 3: Message
- Once you're at step 2: Prepare Document you can step back to step 1 to Add signees. Or if you're at the Message stage and need to edit, add or remove signees or signee fields, you can go back to step 1 or 2 without any of your edits being lost.
- If you're a Sign & Save user, you'll need to brush up on the new process here for signing and saving your own documents in SuiteFiles.
- If you need to add yourself as a signee, click the Add myself option.
- You can now send a document for signing to multiple people who use the same email address. You'll just need to enable Two-factor authentication for each person and add each person's mobile number (this cannot be the same number).
But wait there's more! To learn about the rest of the changes in this latest signing update please read the full article here: SuiteFiles Document Signing updates - February 2023.
NEW! Signing Certificate
You can now view and download a signing certificate showing the history of a document signed using SuiteFiles signing.
To access the certificate, click the three dots alongside any document in the Document Signing Dashboard under More > Document Signing. Click View History.
On the Overview tab, click the Download document certificate button.
Please note: The 'Signing fields' count represents the number of "Signature" fields placed on the document. Initials, Full name, Date signed, Text and Checkbox fields are not counted.
This feature is compatible with files sent from today. Please note that while older files will still have a certificate, they may not include all details.
- New doc signing - Done! page after creating signing request.
- Updated contact picker to '[Contact name] - [Client name]' format
- Fix for Connect Move window, you can now see all folders
When the 'Show archived' toggle is on, Quick Search and Advanced Search results will display Archived results. When the toggle is off, archived items will be omitted from search results.
The SuiteFiles x OneDrive integration is here!
We’re excited to announce that our new OneDrive integration is now available to connect.
What benefits will a SuiteFiles x OneDrive integration offer?
OneDrive for Desktop compliments the existing SuiteFiles eco-system, bringing oft-requested features such as offline file access for both PC & Mac users, as well as the benefit of simple access to your SuiteFiles documents via the File Explorer.
How do I get started?
Simply connect your SuiteFiles site with OneDrive following the steps in the integration guide here, and once synced you can start creating, editing, saving & collaborating on documents in SuiteFiles via the File Explorer.
If you have any questions on the integration that aren't covered in the integration guide, please reach out to us via email@example.com.
Introducing New Notifications
We have released an enhancement to notifications in the SuiteFiles Web App including a new Notifications Centre and side panel to help you to stay up to date with your task activity.
- New notifications will appear in the top right corner in the SuiteFiles Web App. A pink dot will indicate new unread notifications.
- Clicking on the Notifications icon will open a side panel where you can see up to 25 of your recent notifications.
- You can also access this side panel by clicking on the bell icon on the right hand side panel at any time.
- Visit the Notifications Centre to view additional details for all notifications such as task type and due date.
- Toggle between internal (from colleagues) and external notifications (if collaborating with your clients through SuiteFiles Connect).
Please note that this feature covers Task Notifications only. Notifications for Connect and Signing activity will be available at a later date.
For step by step instructions on notifications in SuiteFiles see: Introducing New Notifications.
- Outlook for Desktop v188.8.131.52 is now available to be downloaded as an optional update.
- When including the date on custom PDF stamps, these will display as DD/MM/YYYY for customers outside of the U.S.
- Date merge fields for XPM templates now populate according to local timezone.
- You can now merge a larger number (10+ files) of PDFs (available on Super Suite only).
- We've added the Copy Link to the Office preview/online edit breadcrumb dropdown for files (Files & Folders)
- Numbers in filenames are now considered for sorting (Files & Folders)
Automated signing reminders are here!
We’ve included the option to send your signing recipients an email reminder on days 7, 3 or 1 before the signing expiry date.
- Once you have placed your signing fields and are on the Add a Message screen, you can select your reminder days.
- Once selected, a check/tick will appear next to the day selected.
- Multiple reminder days can be selected.
- Click the reminder day again to deselect.
- An email notification will be sent to any remaining signers of the document on the reminder day(s) before the signing expiry date.
- Signing reminders are only available for new signing requests only; it's not currently possible to add signing reminders to files 'In Progress'.
- The Signing feature is available to Super Suite customers only.
Copy Link button for Folders and Files
We've introduced a new Copy Link button which is available for both Folders and Files. If you're in the Files, Recents or Advanced Search views, you will find a Copy Link option by clicking on the three dots next to the Folder or File you would like to copy the link of, or on the Folder name in the breadcrumb. Once you paste the link into your document or email, it will not break, even if the folder path or file name changes 🙌
Please note that copied links are only accessible by other SuiteFiles users in your SuiteFiles site, not external users.
We've also made the following updates/fixes:
- The time limit on Connect password reset emails is now set to 6 hours (previously 10 minutes).
- Pressing CTRL + left mouse button will open a file or folder in a new tab in your browser.
- If you've been having trouble scrolling to the bottom of the screen, we've made a fix for this. You will now be able to see your whole list of files and folders without needing to resize your screen.
Introducing Stamps for PDFs
Available for both Semi-Suite and Super Suite customers, you can now add stamps to PDFs.
- Once you are in Edit or Annotate mode on any PDF, click the stamp icon in the top right hand corner.
- You can choose from one of the existing stamp designs...
- ... Or you can customise your own by selecting Custom Stamp.
Please note that custom stamps cannot be saved. You'll need to recreate them each time.
Head over to the help centre article here for full steps: Introducing PDF Stamps.
Outlook add-in for Windows Desktop update
Version 184.108.40.206 is now available. To update your Outlook add-in please click the New update available! button in the Outlook add-in. For full steps, see How do I update my Outlook Add-In?
If the update option isn't visible for you yet, you can get the latest version by clicking your username in the Web App and selecting Download our apps.
Read on for the full list of updates:
Improved Save on Send location suggestions
When saving an email to SuiteFiles, we'll now match the email domain to any Contacts stored in XPM, and provide folder suggestions based on the Client associated to that Contact.
If an Email, Emails or Correspondence subfolder is available within the Client folder, this location will be suggested.
For example, Mitzy is the Director at The Cupcake Bakery Limited. Her Contact details (including email address) are stored in XPM. When the Save on Send pop up appears, The Cupcake Bakery Limited/Correspondence folder will be suggested:
If Mitzy is associated to multiple Clients, these will be available from the drop-down:
Other updates to the Outlook add-in include:
- You'll see the new SuiteFiles logo applied throughout, including the Toggle Sidebar button:
- A new setting to control whether the sidebar is open on startup. Access this option by clicking the cog icon ⚙️in the Outlook add-in, then select Manage settings:
- Embedded images can now be included in email templates. Just be sure to check the Include Attachments box when creating and saving your email templates.
- Improved results when searching across your SuiteFiles site using the All filter:
- We've removed the Recents option as this was providing inconsistent results. We recommend heading over to Recents tab in the Web App where you can filter by Email messages:
- Send as expiring link has also been discontinued. If you're interested in sharing files externally with your clients and others outside of your business, we recommend using a secure portal such as SuiteFiles Connect, available on our Super Suite plan. Get in touch with us if you're interested in a free trial.
Introducing the new Tasks view
Tasks has a new look! We've refreshed the Tasks view and made a few changes:
When sharing a task with a colleague:
- You can now add a Title
- We've consolidated the task types from FYI, Review & Edit and Approval to simply Review or Approval.
When viewing Tasks:
- The view has been updated to show My tasks and Sent tasks in a tab along the top of the Tasks page.
- If you're a Super Suite customer, you'll also have a Connect tasks and Closed Connect tasks tab
- Each task has a Status of New, In Progress or Done.
- To open the file, click the file name in the left panel. To view a task, click anywhere on the task row to open the task details in the right panel
- We've added filters so you can filter tasks by Name, Sent By (for My tasks) and Sent To (for Sent tasks)
- Tasks are ordered according to Status. Once you've marked a task as done, the next time you go into your My tasks list or refresh your browser, the Done task will appear towards the bottom of the list.
- Click any of the column headers to sort your tasks by Status, Type, Name, Sent to/by, Created date and Due date.
For step by step instructions on sharing files with colleagues and using Tasks in SuiteFiles see: Introducing New 'Tasks' View.
Our BGL CAS 360 integration is live!
We have just launched our new integration with BGL CAS 360. If you're using us both, you'll benefit from increased efficiency and a better workflow between the two applications. Integrating SuiteFiles and CAS 360 allows you to upload or generate documents in CAS 360 and have them automatically saved into a CAS 360 folder within the client's folder in SuiteFiles. SuiteFiles essentially becomes the 'one source of truth’ with all relevant client documents being stored there.
For the full overview of the integration including how to connect it, head over to the full help centre article here: Introducing the SuiteFiles x BGL CAS 360 Integration.
Move and Copy File updates
We've made a change to the Move / Copy pop-up for files. To move or copy a file, click the three dots to the right of any file in the SuiteFiles Web App:
Previously the pop-up showed both the Move and Copy buttons which resulted in files sometimes being copied when the intention was to move them! With this update, now when you want to Move or Copy a file, the button on the resulting pop-up will display either Move or Copy, based on the action you have selected.
We've made some enhancements and fixed a few bugs:
- We've made enhancements to PDF loading performance
- In the move folder pop-up, we now hide the subfolders of the folder that is being moved
- We now display the Group name in the Folder details panel if selecting a row on the Groups tab (new files view)
You can now view file thumbnails for certain file types in the File Details panel.
To access the File Details, click the info icon to the right of your files view in the SuiteFiles Web App. Select any file by clicking anywhere on the row to load the file thumbnail.
We've made some enhancements and fixed a few bugs:
- Reinstated the Save as Template action for .xlsm files (new files view)
- Condensed the Files & Folders list to reduce whitespace (new files view)
- You can now save changes to PDFs over 30MB
We've made the following enhancements and released a few bug fixes:
- Optimised the initial load performance for Client folders and also when in the Groups view (new files view)
- You can now successfully download templates under More > Manage templates
- We fixed an issue where the Excel ribbon was being cut off at the top of the screen for some users when using the Edit in browser option in the SuiteFiles Web App
- We've made an update to PDF previewing which ensures PDFs with "pencil" edits now render correctly
Multi-select PDF merge now available on Super Suite
You can now select multiple PDFs when using the new PDF merge functionality, making combining your files a breeze.
Files are numbered as you select them, indicating the order in which they'll be appended to your original PDF.
Use the new Save as.. button to save your newly combined files back to SuiteFiles, leaving the original file unchanged.
For the full update, available to all Super Suite customers from today, please click here.
New PDF view options
When viewing a PDF, you can now click the cog icon to change the Page Mode, Page Transition, and Page Rotation. This feature is available across all plans.
Please note that the above Page Rotation feature allows you to change the orientation of a page while you are viewing the PDF only.
To permanently change the orientation of a page in a document, you'll need to be on our Super Suite plan, click Edit on your PDF, click the Document Editor option as shown below and follow the steps here.
New filter layout on Recents and Advanced Search
We've changed the filter location on both the Recents and Advanced Search pages in the SuiteFiles Web App. You'll now be able to Filter by name, Last modified, File type, Client and Financial year using the filters along the top of your Recents and Advanced Search results.
We've also made some other updates to fix a few bugs:
- SuiteFiles Connect: We've fixed an issue where Connect users were unable to create a folder in Connect
- SuiteFiles Outlook Add-In: We've increased the number of visible items from 150 to 2,000
- XPM Client Folder links: We've fixed an issue where folder paths between Xero Practice Manager and SuiteFiles were not linking correctly.
Introducing the SuiteFiles PDF Merge Tool
We've added a PDF merge option within the PDF Editor for Super Suite customers. This update is rolling out gradually for all customers on this plan as we speak. You'll see an in-app notification in the PDF editor when it's live in your SuiteFiles site.
NB: This feature will be replacing the Document Packs BETA that you might currently be using to merge your documents together for signing.
To read everything you need to know about merging your PDFs in SuiteFiles, please click here.
PDF Editor Updates
The update also includes the ability to reorder, rotate, or delete your pages. For more on this, see the full breakdown of our PDF Editor Updates article here.
Come along to our webinar
Please join Roshni for our webinar on Thursday 9th September, to learn more about these latest additions to the PDF editor. Please register here, even if you cannot make it to the live webinar, as we'll send through a recording to all registrants.
Introducing the PDF Editor for Super Suite customers
Following our PDF annotations launch last month, the functionality is now also rolling out for Super Suite customers ✨.
You can now mark up PDFs directly in the SuiteFiles Web App.
To get started, you can click the Edit button on any PDF to:
- Highlight text
- Add notes
- Add textboxes and more...
Keep an eye out for the in-app notification which will let you know once the update is live in your SuiteFiles site.
This is the first of two updates for PDF editing coming to the Super Suite plan. Soon, we'll be launching a full editor allowing you to merge, rearrange and delete pages in your PDFs from within the SuiteFiles Web App.
To read the full update, click here.
SuiteFiles Document Signing updates
This latest update includes changes to SuiteFiles Document Signing including:
- Quick Sign and Advanced Sign have been merged to create the new Multi Sign option. Use this when preparing a document for signing by you and others.
- After selecting Multi Sign, you'll be taken to the Add Recipients screen.
- Look up your Signees’ name by typing into the Full name field and selecting the contact from XPM or WFM
- When preparing your document for signing, you can now easily adjust the height and width of your signing fields
- You can also include an empty check box that your clients can check when signing your documents
- To add a checkbox to your document for your client, select their name from the Signer drop-down, and click the Checkbox field. Place the field on the document.
- At the client's end, they'll be able to click the box once to add a check:
- To add a checkbox to your document for your client, select their name from the Signer drop-down, and click the Checkbox field. Place the field on the document.
Please note: Checkboxes are required fields. The client cannot complete the document for signing if any checkboxes are left un-checked.
Come along to our webinar
Be sure to join us for our webinar on Thursday 19th August, to learn more about the PDF annotation, edit & signing changes. Please register here, even if you cannot make it to the live webinar, as we'll send through a recording to all registrants.
Introducing PDF Annotations for Semi-Suite customers
You can now mark up PDFs directly in the SuiteFiles Web App. This update is now available for all customers on our Semi-Suite plan.
To get started, you can click the Annotate button on any PDF to:
- Highlight text
- Add notes
- Add textboxes and more...
To read the full update and to register for our upcoming webinar, click here.
On Super Suite? PDF Annotations (and more) are on their way, and will be released later this month. You'll receive an in-app notification once the update is live in your site.
Introducing Jobs Merge Fields for File Templates
You can now pull through Jobs information from Xero Practice Manager (XPM) into your File Templates in SuiteFiles. For steps on how to incorporate Jobs Merge Fields into new or existing file templates, read the steps here: Introducing Jobs Merge Fields for File Templates.
SMS verification for SuiteFiles Signing
- We have added an SMS verification into the Advanced Sign option for SuiteFiles Document Signing for Super Suite customers.
- The Advanced Sign option now includes the ability to look up your clients from XPM and WFM. You can look up the Signees’ name by starting to type into the Full name field and selecting the contact from XPM or WFM
- For the full update, see SMS verification for SuiteFiles Signing.
Tasks update for Super Suite users
If you're on our Super Suite plan, you'll notice a change in the way the approval process works when sharing a file with a colleague.
- Tasks approved by the recipient will be marked as Approved (green block)
- Tasks rejected by the recipient will be marked as Rejected (red block)
- The sender will receive an email notification stating whether the document has been approved or rejected
Outlook add-in update
We've released an optional update (v1.0.75), which will be rolled out to everyone gradually over the next few days. It includes:
- A bug fix to ensure the blue 'Added to SuiteFiles' category is applied every time an email is saved to SuiteFiles
- A security update to TLS1.2 (you can read more about this update on our blog)
- Improvements to the search results
To run this update, click the New update available! button in the Outlook add-in for Windows Desktop.
From today, you'll see an XPM icon alongside Client folders when a matching client in XPM exists, as well as updates to Recents. We've also released a new right hand side panel to Advanced search results.
SuiteFiles XPM Integration enhancements
We're making several improvements to the SuiteFiles XPM integration in the coming weeks and months. From today, those with the XPM integration connected will see a green XPM icon beside a Client folder when a matching client in XPM exists. Please note this update will be rolled out gradually so check back later if you cannot see it immediately.
To view your client in XPM from SuiteFiles, right click the Client folder and select 'View in XPM':
Or select this option from folder options:
For the full update including troubleshooting tips click here.
We've made some updates to Recents. We'll be gradually rolling out this update to all users over the next week.
You'll find a refreshed screen layout in the same style as the Advanced Search results window along with the following changes:
- Recent items now include the folder path location for each file
- You can switch between your own recent list or all users using the tabs at the top
- Click any column heading to sort it in ascending or descending order
- A panel on the right hand side shows the details about a file. Click anywhere on the row (other than the file name link) to view a file's details. Click on the info icon next to the panel to close it.
- Filters on the left are updated and you can now filter the name of the file, the person who last modified it, file type, client and financial year. Click on the filter icon to hide this panel.
- We've also simplified the options for each file. Click the three dots (...) alongside any file to view its options.
Here are a few handy tips for navigating the new Recents view:
- To filter by "last modified by", type part of the person's name in the box and select from the names that appear.
- A person will only appear if they have recently modified a file in the list
- You can now include several people in this filter
- When there are lots of files, there is a "Load more" button at the bottom of the file list
- There's a handy file count at the top right
- You won't see files that you cannot access.
A panel on the right hand side shows the details about a file. Click anywhere on the row (other than the file name link) to view a file's details. Click on the info icon next to the panel to close it.
SuiteFiles Connect - Activity Notifications
- When a Connect user adds a file or creates a folder, the SuiteFiles user who created the Connected Folder (i.e. the portal creator) will now receive an email notification outlining the changes that have occurred:
- Likewise, when a SuiteFiles user adds a file to a Connected Folder, the Connect user will also now receive an email notification outlining these recent changes. NB: They will not receive a notification when a folder is created
- These notifications will be sent hourly and only if changes have occurred
- You can chose to have all Connect notifications sent to one email address instead of the portal creator(s). SuiteFiles Admins can update the email address used for Connect activity notifications following these steps:
- Click on your user name in the top right corner of SuiteFiles
- Select Admin settings, then select Connect on the left hand menu
- Toggle the Have a custom email address for Connect activity on
- Enter your chosen email address into the field provided, and click Save
We've also made a couple of fixes:
- If your business name is updated in SuiteFiles (under Admin settings > Account & Billing) this change will now automatically be reflected in Connect emails
- A new organisation will no longer be created in Connect when your business name is changed.
SuiteFiles Web App
- We've fixed a bug where archived folders weren't visible when toggling Show archived content on/off
- SuiteFiles Admins can now access users in their Users list even where no name has been set
- We've updated the logo, font and colours in SuiteFiles Connect
- Email notifications to Connect users have also been updated to reflect our new brand
- Bug fix for sites with more than 500 Connected Folders (client portals). Under More > Connected Folders, there is now a Load More button at the bottom of the page to allow you to view all portals in this list.
SuiteFiles Web App
- All email notifications have been updated to reflect our new brand
- We've fixed an issue with sorting your advanced search results by the Date last modified column.
We've made some updates to Advanced Search including:
- A new filter panel. Open by default, you can hide and show the filter on the left hand side of your screen by clicking the filter icon. Filter types available include Last modified by, File type, Client and Financial Year
- You can now select multiple users, File types, Clients and Financial Years at a time when filtering files and folders
- The Load more results button now appears at the bottom of your results
These changes have also been rolled out to the Search in current folder results.
From today, we're rolling out our new brand to the SuiteFiles Chrome extension. This update will happen automatically. Once your extension has been updated, the older logo will be replaced with the new lightening bolt as shown below:
- We have made a fix that ensures spaces cannot be included in the signing recipient's email address field. This will prevent issues affecting some users where signatures were not appearing on the final document.
- We have reintroduced the merge fields side panel when editing file templates.
- We have fixed a bug that was showing New users as previously activated (the account would display Reactivate, rather than Activate).
- You can now select whether the final signed document is sent as a link, or as a PDF attachment. By default, this options is set to Yes which means the final Completed email will contain a link to the file only, and not an attached PDF. Toggle the option to No to receive the link and an attached PDF.
Deactivated user changes
- Deactivated users will not be able to access the SuiteFiles Web App. They'll see the below message when logging in. To gain access, your SuiteFiles Administrator will need to activate the user's account by following the steps here: Activating users
- Deactivated Microsoft 365 Global Administrator will only have access to Account & Billing screens and the Users list, to manage their subscription and users' access. If you would like full access to SuiteFiles for M365 Admin accounts, please Activate the user following the steps here.
- Users that have updated to the latest Outlook add-in for Windows, and SuiteFiles Drive apps will also be unable to access these apps if they have been deactivated.
- Expiry dates for Document signing can now be customised. By default, it will be set for 30 days, and you can amend this up to 365 days. NB: users may notice that the default and maximum expiry dates are 29 and 364 days (instead of 30 & 365 days) if it is before midnight UTC when setting the expiry.
- We've changed how the extend expiry process for Document signing works:
- When extending an already expired document, the new expiry date will be 7 days from today.
- If the file has not expired yet, the new expiry date will be 7 days from the existing expiry date.
- We have fixed an issue with signature field placement when preparing a document for signing.
- This update also includes a change to how signing fields are aligned. The crosshair now aligns with the bottom left corner of the signing field as shown below:
- Business Prepopulation Values have been relocated. Navigate to your user name in the top right corner of the Web App, and select Admin settings. Select Prepopulation to add and edit your business values used in templates.
- We've launched our new branding in the SuiteFiles Web App. From 3 December you'll notice a new look navigation. To read up on these changes, check out our blog post here.
- As part of the Navigation update, Scans has relocated under the More dropdown
- Manage integrations have also relocated to under your username dropdown
Security updates for Outlook add-in and SuiteFiles Drive
- We've rolled out a security update to both the Outlook add-in for Windows desktop, and SuiteFiles Drive. Please download the recommended updates following the steps here. For background on why we're making this change, check out the blog here.
The update will be made mandatory in January 2021, so we strongly recommend getting a head start on the update process as soon as you can. Please note that these apps may require you to be a Windows Administrator so please check with the person that looks after your IT if you're in doubt.
Email address for notifications
- Our email address used to send email notifications from SuiteFiles will be changing on 3 December from firstname.lastname@example.org to email@example.com. We hope this will help prevent notifications going into junk folders. Please add this new email address to your whitelist.
We'll be bringing you a number of enhancements in the coming weeks and months. If you're keen to check out what's coming next, we've published our roadmap here.
- Our new admin settings screens are live! SuiteFiles Administrators can now manage their account & billing, users and security groups in the Web App. The new option can be found by clicking on your username in the top right corner of SuiteFiles, and selecting Admin settings. Read the full update here.
- The Management Portal (manage.thefullsuite.com) is being gradually deprecated and replaced with new Admin settings screens in the Web App. While you'll still view and print your invoices in the Management Portal, all other features such as removing users and changing your subscription will soon be available in the Web App. The new Admin settings update is being rolled out gradually to all sites in November. If you have any user or subscription enquiries in the meantime, please contact us.
- The Document Signing history now displays the timestamp for the sender signing the document
- Sign & Save documents now appear in the Document Signing list
- A typo in the Connect invitation email has been corrected
Xero Practice Manager (XPM) and WorkflowMax (WFM) integration reconnection
- Xero have released a new API and as a result, each SuiteFiles site will need to reactivate their connection between SuiteFiles and XPM or WFM.
- If your site needs to be reconnected, you'll see a notification banner in the SuiteFiles Web App from Monday 19 October.
- Full instructions on how to reconnect the integration are available here.
- Reconnect by Friday 23 October 2020 to ensure your continued access to the integration.
- Following the recent Xero API changes, we've had to update the Chrome extension (v1.3.7) to ensure the SuiteFiles interface loads when clicking the Documents tab in Xero Practice Manager and WorkflowMax. As a result, this interface is no longer supported for those using the 'Client Grouping Prompts XPM' beta feature.
From 9 September (NZST) we're releasing a number of new updates to Search, Archived content display and User settings.
These updates require your Microsoft 365 Administrator to give us permission by logging into the SuiteFiles Web App and following the on-screen prompts.
While we already have access to your M365 account, this new functionality has been built using the Microsoft Graph API, and so requires this additional consent from your M365 Administrator. If you'd like to know more about all of our changes, or these permissions we are asking for, you can read all about it here.
Once these updates have been enabled for your SuiteFiles site by your M365 Administrator, you'll have access to the new features mentioned below:
Introducing new SuiteFiles Search
- Quick Search is more refined. It's the place you can continue to look up client folders and it now displays up to 10 of the most relevant results for your search term
- Full text search is here! Find specific words in a document or email, not just the file name
- View the folder path in advanced search results, so you know exactly where you file or folder lives
- Bugs are gone and replaced with consistent results, powered by our new search engine.
For an update on all the changes to search, click here.
Archived content toggle
We've moved the Show archived content toggle out of user settings, and into the main file display. Use this to show or hide any archived folders and files in your site.
User settings updates
User profile settings have had a makeover! Access your User Profile Settings from your user name drop-down in the top right corner of the SuiteFiles Web App.
From here you can update your user account information, notification settings, file preferences, and customise your signature used for SuiteFiles Document Signing.
- Your customers can now securely share larger files with you via Connect; the upload limit is now 500MB.
Document Signing updates
- We’ve added a new step to the document signing functionality – your signers will now need to confirm that they accept the SuiteFiles Signing Terms and verify that their signature is their electronic representation before clicking the Accept and Continue button:
- If your Word documents contain images in the headers, these will now be included in the PDF when converting using either the Request Signature button or the Convert to PDF option in the Web App.
While not a SuiteFiles release, it's just as exciting! Our friends at Google have recently updated Chrome to include an "always allow for this site" check-box when opening your Office files into the desktop apps. Just check the box that pops up at the top of your Chrome browser then click the Open [App Name] button as shown below.
NB: You'll only need to do this the first time you open each file type, (e.g. the first time you open a Word document, and again when you open your first Excel spreadsheet)
We’ve reinstated email notifications when a shared file task is 'Marked as done'.
Connect users will now see up to 500 portals displayed when accessing their Connected Folders list under More > Connected Folders.
- If you’re including text fields on your documents, you and your signers can now include special characters like # or & when entering text into these fields.
- We’ve made some changes to reduce the likelihood of signature fields appearing away from the cursor when setting up your document for signing.
We’ve simplified the Tasks view for Super Suite and Pro users. For the full update, click here.
- There's now an Activate SuiteFiles Advanced Mode option which allows you to manually reset your access token. This is useful in cases where you're seeing a number of errors in SuiteFiles - a simple access token reset following the steps here should get things up and running again.
- We've addressed an issue affecting subsites that included upper case letters which was preventing some doc signing features from being accessed.
Introducing the new SuiteFiles Outlook add-in for Windows!
A new SuiteFiles Outlook add-in is now available. It includes a new refreshed look, and an option to file your email conversations automatically. Read on for the full list of changes, as well as steps to make sure you're on the latest and greatest version.
Autosave email conversations
Look out for the new 'Autosave all emails in this conversation' check box when you next send an email.
This little time-saver allows you save any email replies straight into SuiteFiles without you needing to do a thing - just set and forget. You won’t be prompted to save on send for this conversation again, unless the recipients and subject line change. To read more about this update, check out our help centre article here: How do I autosave an email conversation in Outlook?
File options are now accessed by clicking the three dots to the right of a folder or file, instead of right clicking. Options will change depending on whether you’ve selected a folder, email message or other file type.
By default all files will be displayed by Name in alphabetical order. You can change your view to Date, Type or Emails by clicking the Switch views icon shown below.
Drag and drop filing changes
We've made a small but significant change to the way you can drag and drop your emails and document attachments into the Outlook add-in. You can now hover over the folder you want the email or document to be saved into, without needing to open the folder.
How to update
To get your hands on the latest version on the new Outlook add-in for Windows, click the New update available! button within your current Outlook add-in.
Full steps for updating can be found here, or if you don't yet have the Outlook add-in for Windows yet, you can download it following the steps here.
Logging into the Outlook add-in
When prompted to log in, select the Basic Login option, unless you have two factor auth on your Office 365 account, in which case select the Advanced Login option.
SuiteFiles Connect is live!
If you're on our new Super Suite plan, you'll now have access to SuiteFiles Connect in the SuiteFiles web app. It's our answer to a client portal, only Suite-er!
With SuiteFiles Connect you can share a connected folder with your client, giving them access to the files within it, create file upload requests and more.
To learn more read our blog here, or head over to the SuiteFiles Connect overview on our help centre here or view our recent webinar.
If you'd like to take advantage of SuiteFiles Connect, you can view pricing and upgrade to Super Suite following the steps here.
We've made a number of improvements under the hood to streamline the document signing process.
You'll also have the option to customise your signature following the steps here.
We now also send automatic email reminders to your signers on days 3, 4 and 6.
Update August 2020: SuiteFiles no longer send automatic email reminders, but we have plans to reinstate these in a future update. If you would like to send your recipients a reminder to sign their documents, you can resend these invites by following these instructions.
SuiteFiles web app
We've made a number of changes to how you view your files in the SuiteFiles web app:
New Tasks View
If you're on our new Super Suite plan, your Tasks view will now show My Tasks and Sent Tasks.
- My Tasks represent the files and folders that have been shared with you by other members of your team. Think of it as your to-do list in SuiteFiles.
- Sent tasks combine the files you have sent to your team, or to your clients via Connect file upload requests or files you have asked your client to Review, Edit or Approve.
We've also made the following changes:
Task comments use push notifications
The Task count is now the number of unread items (not the number of tasks due)
We've change to the way you see some tasks - those previously sent to you as tasks for your information (FYI tasks) are now shown as tasks to Review.
The Recents view now shows My Recents by default. Use the filters on the left to switch to All Recents, Emails or Client Folders that have been created or modified recently.
- You can now drag and drop upload to the Documents tab in XPM
- We've made some bug fixes to increase stability for Jobs and Quotes integration with XPM
- Fixed a bug affecting the Export PDF to SuiteFiles process in Xero Reports
If you're using two factor auth or a single sign on solution, you can now log into the Management Portal (https://manage.thefullsuite.com) using the Advanced Login option to view and print invoices, remove users and change your subscription type.
SuiteFiles Drive 2.0
We've updated the SuiteFiles Drive with a number of new features and fixes. The new app is available from the downloads centre in the Web App. For full download steps, please follow the instructions here: Installing SuiteFiles Drive 2.0
Please note: The new SuiteFiles Drive update will require an administrator to be present to respond to prompts during the installation process.
New features and fixes:
- A new login experience supporting 2FA
- The ability to change the drive letter and port
- Automated port checking - if the chosen port is taken, SuiteFiles Drive will check for a free port to map to, enabling a smoother installation
- We've also added automated drive letter checks so if S is already being used it'll try another letter
- If you have delete permissions, the deletion of folders and files now works correctly
- The correct date stamp is now displayed (no longer showing +12 hours)
- Overriding PDF downloads will no longer show the cached version if loaded from Drive
- We've removed the ability the Share or Create with template from the File Explorer. To Share or Create a new file, you'll need to use the Web App
- We've removed the SuiteFiles icon in the navigation pane in the File Explorer. You can access the SuiteFiles Drive under This PC in File Explorer:
- You'll find a new interface when accessing the Documents tab in Xero Practice Manager (XPM), with the links now mapping directly to your files in SuiteFiles, the ability to create folders (with templates) and upload a document.
- You can now create new folders (with templates) when downloading reports or when using SuitePrint
- The "Client already exists" message when creating a new client in XPM no longer appears when the field is empty
- Bugfix for downloading reports from XPM and exporting Workpapers
You can switch back to the default XPM Documents interface by toggling the Documents Tab Replacement button following the steps here.
Did you know that installing our Chrome extension also improves your experience when using the Office Web Apps? We've made a few changes to make editing in the browser a better experience.
- We've updated the user interface for a more streamlined experience
- Improved layout on the Print to SuiteFiles and Save to SuiteFiles screens
- Bug fix for archiving and renaming clients within groups
If you're using Outlook for Mac or accessing the Outlook Web App from your browser, we've released the following updates to our SuiteFiles Outlook app:
- Changes to the navigation, making it simpler to get around and more intuitive to use
- Updates to the user interface, improving the look and feel
- The ability to access our Help Centre and contact the support team directly from the app
For steps to enable the app please see here. To learn more about the features and for step by step instructions, see Outlook for Mac or the Outlook Web App in the browser.
- You can now share files directly from the SuiteFiles Android app
- The Share File pop up now uses radio buttons, and other minor stylistic changes to the overall popup
- We've also fixed a bug that caused the app to crash when certain files were opened from the home directory.
To install the Android app, search for SuiteFiles in the Google Play store, or see the steps outlined here.
SuiteFiles web app, Outlook add-in and SuiteDrive
You'll notice we've made some changes to the log in screens throughout these SuiteFiles apps to ensure they're consistent no matter how you're accessing your files.
SuiteFiles web app
- We've fixed an issue affecting the ability to add or remove files or folders to Favourites.
- Checkbox merge fields used in file templates will no longer return as false, and will now reflect the correct value from XPM.
- Business values will now display on the Edit Field Values screen when a client has not been selected.
Outlook add-in (Windows)
- New! We've added an option in Outlook's Home ribbon labeled "Toggle Sidebar" which will allow you to choose whether the SuiteFiles for Outlook add-in is displayed or not.
- New! You can now right-click .xlsm files and select the Edit in Office option.
- New! You can now save emails with asterisks (*) in the subject line. The add-in will now automatically strip out this restricted character to allow the email to save in SuiteFiles.
- We've fixed an issue that saw black bars appear in the add-in when resizing it.
SuiteFiles web app
- There's a new Enter field values button available when creating a file from a template. This is an optional step in the File template creation process, which allows you to manually update the merge field data on your template, before you create it. More Information
- You can now drag and drop a file from your Desktop into the Manage Templates section. There's also a button for uploading a template from your local computer.
- We've fixed an issue where renaming a folder wasn't always updating the folder name in the web app.
- Mapping links have been added for Jobs and Quotes in XPM. You'll find these on the Information tab.
- We've made some improvements to handling special characters.
Outlook add-in (Windows)
- There's a new login option for users with multi-factor authentication (MFA) or a single sign-on solution (SSO).
- We've made some changes to how our add-on loads into Outlook to help prevent Outlook from disabling it.
- Favourites/Starred items will now automatically load in the Outlook add-on when added from the Web app.
- A new function to display a link to the client folder from XPM.
- Added the ability to use Groups in the links between XPM Clients and their folders in SuiteFiles as a beta feature.
- Added a "Create Client in SuiteFiles" button into XPM. this allows clients within XPM to have a folder created and linked in SuiteFiles. When creating a client folder through this feature you will be warned of any similarly named clients to help avoid creating a duplicate.
- Support for multi-factor authentication has been added. Now in the login screen, clicking on the advanced login link will take you to a page where you can go through the standard Microsoft login process and use multi-factor authentication.