Read on for a list of recent updates to our SuiteFiles apps.
Xero Practice Manager (XPM) and WorkflowMax (WFM) integration reconnection
- Xero have released a new API and as a result, each SuiteFiles site will need to reactivate their connection between SuiteFiles and XPM or WFM.
- If your site needs to be reconnected, you'll see a notification banner in the SuiteFiles Web App from Monday 19 October.
- Full instructions on how to reconnect the integration are available here.
- Reconnect by Friday 23 October 2020 to ensure your continued access to the integration.
- Following the recent Xero API changes, we've had to update the Chrome extension (v1.3.7) to ensure the SuiteFiles interface loads when clicking the Documents tab in Xero Practice Manager and WorkflowMax. As a result, this interface is no longer supported for those using the 'Client Grouping Prompts XPM' beta feature.
From 9 September (NZST) we're releasing a number of new updates to Search, Archived content display and User settings.
These updates require your Microsoft 365 Administrator to give us permission by logging into the SuiteFiles Web App and following the on-screen prompts.
While we already have access to your M365 account, this new functionality has been built using the Microsoft Graph API, and so requires this additional consent from your M365 Administrator. If you'd like to know more about all of our changes, or these permissions we are asking for, you can read all about it here.
Once these updates have been enabled for your SuiteFiles site by your M365 Administrator, you'll have access to the new features mentioned below:
Introducing new SuiteFiles Search
- Quick Search is more refined. It's the place you can continue to look up client folders and it now displays up to 10 of the most relevant results for your search term
- Full text search is here! Find specific words in a document or email, not just the file name
- View the folder path in advanced search results, so you know exactly where you file or folder lives
- Bugs are gone and replaced with consistent results, powered by our new search engine.
For an update on all the changes to search, click here.
Archived content toggle
We've moved the Show archived content toggle out of user settings, and into the main file display. Use this to show or hide any archived folders and files in your site.
User settings updates
User profile settings have had a makeover! Access your User Profile Settings from your user name drop-down in the top right corner of the SuiteFiles Web App.
- Your customers can now securely share larger files with you via Connect; the upload limit is now 500MB.
Document Signing updates
- We’ve added a new step to the document signing functionality – your signers will now need to confirm that they accept the SuiteFiles Signing Terms and verify that their signature is their electronic representation before clicking the Accept and Continue button:
- If your Word documents contain images in the headers, these will now be included in the PDF when converting using either the Request Signature button or the Convert to PDF option in the Web App.
While not a SuiteFiles release, it's just as exciting! Our friends at Google have recently updated Chrome to include an "always allow for this site" check-box when opening your Office files into the desktop apps. Just check the box that pops up at the top of your Chrome browser then click the Open [App Name] button as shown below.
NB: You'll only need to do this the first time you open each file type, (e.g. the first time you open a Word document, and again when you open your first Excel spreadsheet)
We’ve reinstated email notifications when a shared file task is 'Marked as done'.
Connect users will now see up to 500 portals displayed when accessing their Connected Folders list under More > Connected Folders.
- If you’re including text fields on your documents, you and your signers can now include special characters like # or & when entering text into these fields.
- We’ve made some changes to reduce the likelihood of signature fields appearing away from the cursor when setting up your document for signing.
We’ve simplified the Tasks view for Super Suite and Pro users. For the full update, click here.
- There's now an Activate SuiteFiles Advanced Mode option which allows you to manually reset your access token. This is useful in cases where you're seeing a number of errors in SuiteFiles - a simple access token reset following the steps here should get things up and running again.
- We've addressed an issue affecting subsites that included upper case letters which was preventing some doc signing features from being accessed.
Introducing the new SuiteFiles Outlook add-in for Windows!
A new SuiteFiles Outlook add-in is now available. It includes a new refreshed look, and an option to file your email conversations automatically. Read on for the full list of changes, as well as steps to make sure you're on the latest and greatest version.
Autosave email conversations
Look out for the new 'Autosave all emails in this conversation' check box when you next send an email.
This little time-saver allows you save any email replies straight into SuiteFiles without you needing to do a thing - just set and forget. You won’t be prompted to save on send for this conversation again, unless the recipients and subject line change. To read more about this update, check out our help centre article here: How do I autosave an email conversation in Outlook?
File options are now accessed by clicking the three dots to the right of a folder or file, instead of right clicking. Options will change depending on whether you’ve selected a folder, email message or other file type.
By default all files will be displayed by Name in alphabetical order. You can change your view to Date, Type or Emails by clicking the Switch views icon shown below.
Drag and drop filing changes
We've made a small but significant change to the way you can drag and drop your emails and document attachments into the Outlook add-in. You can now hover over the folder you want the email or document to be saved into, without needing to open the folder.
How to update
To get your hands on the latest version on the new Outlook add-in for Windows, click the New update available! button within your current Outlook add-in.
Logging into the Outlook add-in
When prompted to log in, select the Basic Login option, unless you have two factor auth on your Office 365 account, in which case select the Advanced Login option.
SuiteFiles Connect is live!
If you're on our new Super Suite plan, you'll now have access to SuiteFiles Connect in the SuiteFiles web app. It's our answer to a client portal, only Suite-er!
With SuiteFiles Connect you can share a connected folder with your client, giving them access to the files within it, create file upload requests and more.
If you'd like to take advantage of SuiteFiles Connect, you can view pricing and upgrade to Super Suite following the steps here.
We've made a number of improvements under the hood to streamline the document signing process.
You'll also have the option to customise your signature following the steps here.
We now also send automatic email reminders to your signers on days 3, 4 and 6.
Update August 2020: SuiteFiles no longer send automatic email reminders, but we have plans to reinstate these in a future update. If you would like to send your recipients a reminder to sign their documents, you can resend these invites by following these instructions.
SuiteFiles web app
We've made a number of changes to how you view your files in the SuiteFiles web app:
New Tasks View
If you're on our new Super Suite plan, your Tasks view will now show My Tasks and Sent Tasks.
- My Tasks represent the files and folders that have been shared with you by other members of your team. Think of it as your to-do list in SuiteFiles.
- Sent tasks combine the files you have sent to your team, or to your clients via Connect file upload requests or files you have asked your client to Review, Edit or Approve.
We've also made the following changes:
Task comments use push notifications
The Task count is now the number of unread items (not the number of tasks due)
We've change to the way you see some tasks - those previously sent to you as tasks for your information (FYI tasks) are now shown as tasks to Review.
The Recents view now shows My Recents by default. Use the filters on the left to switch to All Recents, Emails or Client Folders that have been created or modified recently.
- You can now drag and drop upload to the Documents tab in XPM
- We've made some bug fixes to increase stability for Jobs and Quotes integration with XPM
- Fixed a bug affecting the Export PDF to SuiteFiles process in Xero Reports
If you're using two factor auth or a single sign on solution, you can now log into the Management Portal (https://manage.thefullsuite.com) using the Advanced Login option to view and print invoices, remove users and change your subscription type.
SuiteFiles Drive 2.0
We've updated the SuiteFiles Drive with a number of new features and fixes. The new app is available from the downloads centre in the Web App. For full download steps, please follow the instructions here: Installing SuiteFiles Drive 2.0
Please note: The new SuiteFiles Drive update will require an administrator to be present to respond to prompts during the installation process.
New features and fixes:
- A new login experience supporting 2FA
- The ability to change the drive letter and port
- Automated port checking - if the chosen port is taken, SuiteFiles Drive will check for a free port to map to, enabling a smoother installation
- We've also added automated drive letter checks so if S is already being used it'll try another letter
- If you have delete permissions, the deletion of folders and files now works correctly
- The correct date stamp is now displayed (no longer showing +12 hours)
- Overriding PDF downloads will no longer show the cached version if loaded from Drive
- We've removed the ability the Share or Create with template from the File Explorer. To Share or Create a new file, you'll need to use the Web App
- We've removed the SuiteFiles icon in the navigation pane in the File Explorer. You can access the SuiteFiles Drive under This PC in File Explorer:
- You'll find a new interface when accessing the Documents tab in Xero Practice Manager (XPM), with the links now mapping directly to your files in SuiteFiles, the ability to create folders (with templates) and upload a document.
- You can now create new folders (with templates) when downloading reports or when using SuitePrint
- The "Client already exists" message when creating a new client in XPM no longer appears when the field is empty
- Bugfix for downloading reports from XPM and exporting Workpapers
You can switch back to the default XPM Documents interface by toggling the Documents Tab Replacement button following the steps here.
Did you know that installing our Chrome extension also improves your experience when using the Office Web Apps? We've made a few changes to make editing in the browser a better experience.
- We've updated the user interface for a more streamlined experience
- Improved layout on the Print to SuiteFiles and Save to SuiteFiles screens
- Bug fix for archiving and renaming clients within groups
If you're using Outlook for Mac or accessing the Outlook Web App from your browser, we've released the following updates to our SuiteFiles Outlook app:
- Changes to the navigation, making it simpler to get around and more intuitive to use
- Updates to the user interface, improving the look and feel
- The ability to access our Help Centre and contact the support team directly from the app
- You can now share files directly from the SuiteFiles Android app
- The Share File pop up now uses radio buttons, and other minor stylistic changes to the overall popup
- We've also fixed a bug that caused the app to crash when certain files were opened from the home directory.
To install the Android app, search for SuiteFiles in the Google Play store, or see the steps outlined here.
SuiteFiles web app, Outlook add-in and SuiteDrive
You'll notice we've made some changes to the log in screens throughout these SuiteFiles apps to ensure they're consistent no matter how you're accessing your files.
SuiteFiles web app
- We've fixed an issue affecting the ability to add or remove files or folders to Favourites.
- Checkbox merge fields used in file templates will no longer return as false, and will now reflect the correct value from XPM.
- Business values will now display on the Edit Field Values screen when a client has not been selected.
Outlook add-in (Windows)
- New! We've added an option in Outlook's Home ribbon labeled "Toggle Sidebar" which will allow you to choose whether the SuiteFiles for Outlook add-in is displayed or not.
- New! You can now right-click .xlsm files and select the Edit in Office option.
- New! You can now save emails with asterisks (*) in the subject line. The add-in will now automatically strip out this restricted character to allow the email to save in SuiteFiles.
- We've fixed an issue that saw black bars appear in the add-in when resizing it.
SuiteFiles web app
- There's a new Enter field values button available when creating a file from a template. This is an optional step in the File template creation process, which allows you to manually update the merge field data on your template, before you create it. More Information
- You can now drag and drop a file from your Desktop into the Manage Templates section. There's also a button for uploading a template from your local computer.
- We've fixed an issue where renaming a folder wasn't always updating the folder name in the web app.
- Mapping links have been added for Jobs and Quotes in XPM. You'll find these on the Information tab.
- We've made some improvements to handling special characters.
Outlook add-in (Windows)
- There's a new login option for users with multi-factor authentication (MFA) or a single sign-on solution (SSO).
- We've made some changes to how our add-on loads into Outlook to help prevent Outlook from disabling it.
- Favourites/Starred items will now automatically load in the Outlook add-on when added from the Web app.
- A new function to display a link to the client folder from XPM.
- Added the ability to use Groups in the links between XPM Clients and their folders in SuiteFiles as a beta feature.
- Added a "Create Client in SuiteFiles" button into XPM. this allows clients within XPM to have a folder created and linked in SuiteFiles. When creating a client folder through this feature you will be warned of any similarly named clients to help avoid creating a duplicate.
- Support for multi-factor authentication has been added. Now in the login screen, clicking on the advanced login link will take you to a page where you can go through the standard Microsoft login process and use multi-factor authentication.